Acupuncture as an effort to get pregnant
Sometimes for some couples, to be able to have children requires more effort and must be patient to wait for a long time.
Many have done everything possible to have children, both husband and wife. But unfortunately, have not been able to get lucky to get pregnant .
Maybe it’s time for you to try traditional methods like acupuncture. The reason, acupuncture is effective for increasing fertility , both in women and men.
Based on a study from the Macedonian Journal of Medical Sciences , men and women of childbearing age who regularly underwent acupuncture therapy for 35 to 40 minutes every week showed an increase in fertility.
Acupuncture procedure for pregnant program
- Acupuncture is done by inserting thin needles into certain points on the body.
- This method should only be carried out by trained experts. The goal is that the therapy is effective and does not cause harmful side effects.
- You don’t have to be afraid of being pricked by a needle. It doesn’t hurt because the needle inserted into the body is very thin.
- The acupuncture method will only cause few side effects, such as bruising or minor cuts on the skin that have been pierced by needles.
- The duration of the therapy process is about 20 minutes to 40 minutes per meeting session.
- It is recommended to do this therapy regularly, i.e. 1 to 3 times a week to get results.
- During acupuncture therapy for fertility, you are also recommended to adopt a healthy lifestyle.
Some of the functions of acupuncture for pregnant programs
So how does acupuncture work so that it is useful for ctouples who are planning a pregnancy ? Here’s the explanation.
1. Improve hormone balance
Needles inserted into the skin in the acupuncture process can stimulate the distribution of energy along certain points on the body. You may experience things like:
- calmer or more energetic,
- decrease or increase in certain hormones, as well as
- increased blood flow to certain parts of the body, such as the pelvis.
Studies conducted by the Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine show that acupuncture can help treat infertility problems caused by hormonal imbalance disorders, such as polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) .
PCOS is a very common condition in women who have difficulty conceiving .
2. Acupuncture can reduce stress
High stress hormones can lower fertility hormones, such as the hormone progesterone. By undergoing acupuncture therapy, you can deal with stress so that it supports your pregnancy program.
If your stress level is reduced, then your chances of getting pregnant also increase.
A study by the University of Goce Delchev , Macedonia, was conducted on women who experienced fertility problems due to the disease they suffered from leukemia.
The study shows that traditional medical therapies such as acupuncture can reduce stress and increase immunity, thereby encouraging the body’s cells to reproduce.
3. Acupuncture can help the IVF process
program IVF is one way that you can choose if you can’t get pregnant in natural ways. To increase its success, you can try acupuncture therapy.
Although acupuncture does not directly play a role in the success of the fertilization process, it can help prepare hormones for you and your partner.
According to the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, for those of you who want to do IVF , you should do acupuncture about 3 to 4 months before the IVF process is carried out.
Read Also : Tips – 8 Ways to Increase Fertility
Does the husband also need to do acupuncture?
Not only in women, acupuncture is also useful for increasing fertility in men. Therefore, husbands should also undergo acupuncture to support the pregnancy program.
Research conducted by the University of Goce Delchev, Republic of Macedonia, showed that acupuncture performed regularly can increase the number and motility of sperm.
Acupuncture may be a way for you and your partner to realize your hopes of having a baby quickly.
However, you should discuss it with your doctor first and find a certified acupuncturist or you can also find an acupuncturist.
It never hurts to keep trying to make your little family’s happiness more complete.
7 Possible Side Effects of Acupuncture
Acupuncture is a form of traditional Chinese medicine that has been known for centuries. They believe that this therapy improves bodily functions and supports the natural self-healing process by stimulating specific locations on the body called acupoints. However, these treatments also have different possible side effects, ranging from mild to severe.
The following is a list of possible acupuncture side effects:
This Article Related To : Acupuncture While Pregnant
Although usually acupuncture can increase energy, people can feel tired after acupuncture. This is a warning sign that you need to rest. If you experience it, relax for the rest of the day like going to bed early. The combination of acupuncture and rest will make you feel healthy again.
2. Skin rash
The skin rash, redness, and itching from acupuncture may be due to the entry of infection or may be associated with contact dermatitis relatively benign If your rash doesn’t improve within a few days or gets worse, tell your dermatologist.
Read Also : Important Signs of Infertile Men to Recognize
The part of the body where the needle was pricked can be painful after the needle is removed, especially the palms of the hands and toes. The pain from acupuncture usually goes away within 24 hours. In rare cases, bruising may appear at the site of the needle puncture. However, do not be confused as this is not something to worry about and is nothing more than an aesthetic inconvenience.
4. Muscle twitch
People can experience muscle twitching during or after acupuncture. If you feel that any of your muscles is having an acute spasm, especially if it is a muscle that was recently punctured, tell your acupuncturist immediately.
Getting up quickly from the acupuncture table can cause dizziness . If your head feels light after treatment, sit in the acupuncturist’s waiting room for a few minutes and take some deep breaths.
6. Emotional release
Sometimes people cry during treatment. Not because they are in pain, but because their emotions, which may have been held back during life, are flowing out. Emotional release is a positive thing, but it can be surprising.
7. Organ injury
If the needle is inserted too deep, it can puncture internal organs—especially the lungs. This is simply an extremely rare experience from a practitioner.
Beware, not everyone can undergo acupuncture!
Acupuncture is not necessarily suitable for everyone. The following health conditions can increase the risk of complications and side effects of acupuncture:
- Bleeding disorders. The likelihood of needle-stick bleeding increases if you have a bleeding disorder or if you take blood-thinning medications, such as warfarin , so tell the acupuncturist in advance.
- Using a pacemaker. Acupuncture involves the application of low-power electricity, so the needles can interfere with the pacemaker of the heart.
- Is pregnant. Some types of acupuncture are thought to stimulate labour, which can lead to premature birth.